TEPS - Trans European Port Services

Trans-European Port Services (GB) Ltd, Freightliner Road, Hessle Road, Hull, HU3 4XL Tel 01482 326856

HISTORY

1959

The company was first formed under the name Trans-European Pallet Services, and originally consisted of one small warehouse and one vehicle. TEPS was one of the first companies to operate unit loads, and operated from a base in Thomas Street as a clearing warehouse for a group of Yorkshire hauliers transporting goods through Hull docks to Europe.

1967

TEPS became depot operators for Hull Euroscan, a group of shipping and forwarding agents, managing the Inland Clearance Depot, carrying out import and export groupage, warehousing and haulage.

1972

Operations moved to the current 10 acre site with on-site Customs and Excise officers.

1975

A new brick-built double-skinned 40,000 square foot warehouse was built.

1984

TEPS celebrated 25 years in business.

1994

The Southampton depot opened, meeting customers' demand for transport in and out of Southampton docks, operating 11 vehicles and 14 trailers.

1998

A new 20,000 square foot food grade warehouse was erected at the Hull depot.

1999

TEPS celebrated 40 years in business and was now running 35 vehicles, had 140,000 square feet of warehousing, provided container storage and repairs, and employed over 50 staff.

2002

Purchase of electric fork lift trucks to improve warehouse services.

2004

TEPS celebrated 45 years in business, and started work to extend warehousing to 165,000 square feet.

A new Chess warehouse system was installed, enabling pinpoint stock control of individual pallet locations and date-sensitive reporting.

2005

A fourth warehouse was opened - 25,000 square feet of fully racked food grade storage.

TEPS also purchased a state-of-the-art CVS Ferrari container handler capable of lifting in excess of 40 tonnes.

2006

A further two electric fork lift trucks added, to improve cleanliness and efficiency.

2009

TEPS celebrated our 50th anniversary.